Totes Isotoner - Agree that Totes warranty sucks

Bought my daughter an automatic open bubble umbrella, with an owl pattern that is still sold by them to this day, from Totes to use for school. She had it for 2 months - and only used it a couple of times in those two months which was August and September in Indiana and hardly ever rains then - before it broke.

The metal spoke inside broke apart.

I filled out the warranty info, enclosed the tag showing style of umbrella and the 2 inches of strap as was directed. All that and a check for $5 was sent to Totes. Nine weeks later I FINALLY received a replacement umbrella. This was a plain bubble umbrella, MANUAL open.

The letter states they will "replace the product with the most similar manufactured product if the original is currently unavailable". Well, the original WAS still available and IS still available to this day. I at least wanted a replacement of the AUTO OPEN that I paid more for originally. When I call to try to find out what the deal is, no one ever answers.

Always directed to a voice mail and then my call is never returned. So much for customer service. Useless.

I guess I should be happy I even got something. Still very disappointed the first umbrella broke after 2 months to begin with.

Their stuff used to be good.. now it is ***

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Totes Isotoner in Osage Beach, Missouri - Totes Warranty is a scam

Bought Umbrella $12. First time opened it is defective.

Lifetime warranty! Send back umbrella and to cover their cost of shipping, send them $5.00 my cost of shipping another $5-6.

So my cost for the umbrella is now $23 for a $12 umbrella I never used and it’s Totes fault. I haven’t even taken the tags off yet! If you get a bad one you’ll end up paying double to use their lifetime warranty!

How about they cover their own mistakes and defects instead of passing it on the customer.

I’m tired of businesses screwing me!

Totes got on my last good nerve. Jim at ucmm@outlook.com

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: I sent photo proof. Send me a new, defective free blue umbrella. You want the old one fine but you pay the return shipping! It’s your fault not mine!.

I didn't like: Paying double for the companys defects.

• Umbrella Pole Broken
  • Personal Rain Products

Totes Isotoner in East Hartford, Connecticut - Bad Isotoner slippers for Christmas and BAD respounce from Isotoner

I asked my family for Isotoner slippers for Christmas --black slippers with a gray fuzzy area around the back half of the foot and a small tie on the "tongue" area. They were to replace similar Isotoner slippers that I had worn for 3- 4 yrs without problem--just needed normal replacement after that time .

He bought the same size I have had for years. When they came, they looked fine and I started wearing them and tossed out the old ones. Within a couple of weeks, the slippers began tearing around my big toes though the slippers seemed to fit like others had--but never had the tearing before. I called Isotoner and they told me it was the wrong size or I was over-using them.

DUH--this was the slipper company I always use and I was shocked. They finally told me to send the worst of the 2 slippers back to them so they could assess them--at my cost of course and it was $6.00 or so to mail to them. No answer and I called back to find out where we stood. They told me it was not their fault but I was using the wrong size and that was why my slippers were damaged!!

Why did the slippers suddenly be the wrong size? I actually had lost about 20 lbs since I bought the last slippers 3 yrs or so ago. The slippers from this Christmas were totally comfortable when I started wearing them.

We have been round and round with them and they won't replace my bad slippers "because it is MY fault, not theirs!" One lovely young woman was trying to get the slippers replaced and I was so pleased with her willingness to help and her wonderful personality--and she thought I would be getting the new slippers---and then someone higher up apparently refused to do it. I got a nasty letter from some "boss lady" somewhere in their company

So--be very careful with Isotoner slippers---their customer service is dismal and almost nasty--except for one lovely young lady who tried very hard to help.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Simi Valley, California, United States #1152159

I too have had a similar problem with Isotoner slippers. I only had them for one month and a few days when the inside of the slippers began disintegrating.

I wrote to Isotoner $ sent pictures. Their response was to take them back to the store from where I purchased them. I could not find my receipt (after all why would I need it because I thought Isotoner was an exemplary product)?? I took my credit card statement, copy of the email from Isotoner along with the charge statement and the actual hanger the slippers came on.

The store refused my exchange and/or refund of the product because I didn't have a receipt. They told me to contact Isotoner. I emailed Isotoner once again with the original email attached and they told me to return the defective slipper along with $5.00 and of course I would have to pay the shipping to Isotoner.

Needless to stay these type of tacky unprofessional responses regarding Customer Service is becoming more and more frequent.

Cheap, inferior materials, overpriced product made by cheap labor is becoming the standard and it needs to end!

I for one, will NEVER purchase another Isotoner product again.

End of story.

Totes Isotoner in Allentown, Pennsylvania - Simple Review #1416418212

Purchased a pair of sooner slippers and within ten days the padding in the slippers was nonexistent.